Growth Mindset



growth mindset.               What exactly IS growth mindset and why should I care about it?  This is the thought that has been going through my head for the past year.  I’ve seen a lot of talk about it, but I didn’t understand what it was.  I finally took the plunge and bought Mindsets in the Classroom off of Amazon.  It had me hooked right away.  What?  There is actually brain research about the “summer slide”how did I not know this??  We are talking real, scientific information.  HmmmI guess I see what all of the fuss is about! 

You wouldn't have to spend more than a few minutes in the lounge to hear this...
“They just don’t care.”

“These kids just don’t know how to work hard anymore.”


There has been a cultural change over the past several years.  We are painfully aware of this change.  It is the everyone gets a trophy mindset.  How can we combat this in the classroom?  We need to teach our students about hard work and perseverance.  That is the easy part, identifying what we need to teach, but how we effectivley teach our students to change their mindset is another.  

Are you interested in collaborating and learning with other teachers about growth mindset?  I have created a Facebook group to do just that, click here to join!




your photo name

No comments